Monday, April 21, 2014

Pop Up Camper, Part 3

I neglected to share pictures of the inside of our new camper. My SIL is a crafty genius and has inspired me to upgrade the interior like she’s doing in her new camper. I have big plans that might work.
Justin and I want to take a few coats of Kilz in bright white to give the cabinets a new life.
IMG_6199 IMG_6200 
There currently isn’t a table and we quite frankly don’t foresee camping anywhere that doesn’t have picnic tables outside, but Justin is going to build a new one in case we want to escape the bugs or if a rain storm pops up.
IMG_6202
Also, I am going to add a new layer of fabric to these curtains in a fresh neutral pattern. I think the dark green would help block out the light when we’re sleeping and helps the curtains maintain their structure. I will also re-do the valance at the top.
IMG_6203

Here’s what I’m thinking for the cushions:
 11505203
And for the curtains:
Capture
My mama might help me recover these cushions. I am a little hesitant about that part, but we might get lucky and make it work. Jo-Ann’s Fabric store just had their grand opening in Tifton so I have plenty of outdoor heavy duty fabric to choose from.
 IMG_6210
The final thing is a big maybe and is inspired by Pinterest. I have seen where folks will lay a floating tongue-and-groove wood floor. We have a super awesome thrift store in town that sells returns and closeouts from major home improvement stores. They sell wood floor for $10 a box. Justin says we would need two or three boxes at the most, so we might get a lot of bang for our buck! I think it’s going to cost me more to recover the cushions than that!
More later!

No comments: