Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter with the Mastrario/Mathis Family

Because Liam would be at his mom’s house for Easter, we went over a week early to Suzi & David’s house to celebrate, dye eggs, and to do an egg hunt. David’s mom Karen and my mama spoiled these two little boys. They both had overflowing baskets of candy from each grandmother and over 80 eggs to find.

Of course, I loved dying the whites of my deviled eggs last year so I did it again.

IMG_6293

Suzi and I helped the boys dye their hard boiled eggs. It was a struggle to keep Wyatt’s hands out of the dye once he found out it turned his fingers colors.

IMG_6302

While we were dying eggs, the guys and teenagers “hid” the eggs in the front yard. I have to tell you some of those eggs were hard to get to.

IMG_6306 IMG_6312

IMG_6314 

Justin and David even had to get the boys up on their shoulders to get some.

IMG_6315 IMG_6320

Wyatt’s loot

IMG_6326

Suzi had a poor hummingbird get trapped in her screen porch. I think it wore itself out. I scooped it up and put it outside on the step and put a saucer of sugar water out there but it didn’t make it.

IMG_6327

After we left the festivities, Justin and I took Wyatt to get his first big boy’s bike and a “helmet like Liam’s, Mama!” because Wyatt had gone a week without an accident. This is a major accomplishment. Right now he doesn’t understand the concept of pedaling and keeps turning them the wrong way, causing the brakes to deploy. He loves it though and pushes it all around the yard when we’re out there.

IMG_6330

No comments: