Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Flowers Popping Up Everywhere!

I might have mentioned this before, but Justin’s Great-Aunt Faye was a master gardener. She really gave us a wonderful gift that will live on for years to come when we bought this house. Wyatt and I take walks almost every day to see what new flowers are blooming that we didn’t even know we had. I am relying on FB friends to fill me in on what exactly we have until Aunt Faye can come over and give me the full guided tour. Since things are blooming at staggering times, I am quick to snap a picture so I can work on our master homestead plan and make note of where the flowers are.
IMG_6009
Rain lilies or “surprise lilies” as Aunt Faye calls them.
 IMG_6010 
IMG_6025
Amanda told me this is called bridal veil.
 IMG_6029 IMG_6043 
Found out from my FB friends that these are wild or native azaleas. We have orange (really yellow with pink centers that look orange from a distance) and white/pink. My friend Katy introduced me to Google image search using your own photos—what sorcery is this and why haven’t I heard about it sooner?!?!
IMG_6055
Beautiful roses that start out orange and red and fade to pink and yellow on an iron trellis.
 IMG_6044 IMG_6045 
Azaleas everywhere! Justin and I aren’t real fans of azaleas because they are just so bushy, so after this year’s bloom is over, we plan to scale some of those back.

No comments: