Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pop Up Camper, Part 2

This is semi-related to our pop up camper upgrade list. I found a little inspiration on a blog about painting the handles of mismatched silverware to give it a cohesive look. Amanda and I gathered up a bunch of mismatched utensils, taped off the ends, and gave them a quick spray with Valspar outdoor spray paint. Since they won’t be going through the dishwasher, we figured the paint should hold up pretty well.
IMG_6066
IMG_6068
After two coats of a beautiful light blue color, they were beautiful. We might have to go back and repaint them with a clear laquer or redo them again because we didn’t think to rough up the surface with sandpaper. The paint is beginning to chip easily on them.
IMG_6078
We also painted little signs to hang on the outside of our doors. Thanks to Pinterest for the inspiration. I know it’s silly that I have a teardrop camper on the welcome sign for our pop up, but I liked the vintage look.
IMG_6079
Of course Amanda shows out! She is way more talented than I am when it comes to artsy-craftsy stuff. She really has an eye for the little details!
IMG_6083

No comments: