Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wyatt’s gallery wall

I have a keen interest in gallery walls now that I have plenty of wall space to fill up. I have a few ideas churning—now I just have to get Justin on board with them. He thinks they’re mostly cluttered but I love having a grouping of wall art, photos, and little accoutrements that work well together and tell a small part of our story.
A few weeks ago, I found a few Pins on Pinterest that were a play on the “Keep Calm and Carry On” posters featuring Disney and Pixar characters. My Photoshoppin’ master of a sister whipped some up for me.
 IMG_4228 
IMG_4226
I printed the pics out on regular computer paper, popped them into some Dollar Tree frames and voila! Instant playroom art. Of course, since nothing always works out just right I broke one of the frames. It is on my list to fix pretty soon.
My trick of the trade is using these magical hooks for sheetrock. Justin and I bought some at Lowe’s or Home Depot for hanging pictures around the house. They were about $6 for 4 of them or $4 for 6 of them (can’t exactly remember!). I found some at Dollar Tree at the super awesome rate of 20 for $1. They are rated to hold up to 35 pounds. I might not chance it with some of our nicer prints, but for Dollar Tree frames, I was willing to take the risk.
179141
IMG_4229
They worked perfectly! This is a nice pop of color for Wyatt’s playroom until we figure out what color we want to use for the walls and the carpet. I have also used the hooks to hang up our brooms, Swiffer tools, and hard floor vacuum in our laundry room. So far, so good!
All said, this project set me back $10 and I couldn’t be happier with the result.

No comments: