Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Busy week catching up

Last Saturday after a long day of shopping, we celebrated my dad’s 64th birthday at my Nanny’s house with the family. He is recovering from a surgery on his nose and he made sure that I got his good side Smile
IMG_4056
On Monday, our local power company (Irwin EMC) came out and cut down some trees that were endangering the power line. Both of our families were there except for Suzi, David, Liam, and Sami. The kids enjoyed seeing the huge bucket trucks and the giant chipper.
IMG_4098 IMG_4096
The guys did a great job and left the whole yard almost as good as new! Amanda and I counted the rings on this pine tree and got somewhere in the 50 year ballpark—it was never the same twice no matter how hard we tried. It was too big to go into the wood chipper, so Justin is going to borrow my dad’s tractor and possibly use sections for benches around our burn pile.
IMG_4113 IMG_4130 IMG_4124
Some of the trees were really neat but they would have been a pain if the limbs landed on the power lines so down they went.
IMG_4123
I also made use of my mason jar flower frog and filled it up with some camellias from my yard. The only bad thing was the blossoms were full of ants so I had to shake them out twenty times it seems.
 IMG_4118 
Later that night, Wyatt and I loaded up and went to Jake’s 12th birthday party. Justin had to stay home to figure out why our well wasn’t working (turns out he didn’t reconnect the wire when the power got turned back on). I can remember that Justin and I had just started dating when Amanda and Michael found out they were expecting him. I can’t believe 12 years have flown by so quickly. I missed his actual birth-day because I was on a youth retreat to Gatlinburg with my church group, but I’m glad he was the one to make me an aunt for the first time!
IMG_4164 IMG_4163 IMG_4162 IMG_4161
Lastly, I got to meet at the most adorable farmers market in Nashville, Georgia yesterday. The City of Nashville got a grant and hired a part-timer to run the shop three days a week and there is an outdoor area with tables where farmers can sell their fresh fruits and veggies. I would love to see something like this in Ashburn; I might have a project on my hands!
IMG_4171 IMG_4170 IMG_4169 IMG_4168 IMG_4167 IMG_4166

No comments: