Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dollar Tree Finds

I mentioned in my post about Wyatt’s gallery wall that I love the wall hooks I found at Dollar Tree. DT is my favorite place for non-durable goods that we use a lot of. Here are some things I buy on a regular basis:
For Wyatt
I am always able to find a craft, sticker book, coloring book, or other fun thing for Wyatt when I’m at DT. They have a lot of cartoon branded items. Wy’s Cars interest timed perfectly with Cars 2 coming out on video so there were a lot of original Cars movie branded items available.
160841 164254177516 
Wyatt is two and  a half, so snacks of any kind are exciting to him. He likes Whales, which is a knockoff of the Pepperidge Farms Goldfish. I put small amounts in snack size zipper bags for him to grab on the go. He also like the animal crackers that way too.
857981  166551
For the house
We are always losing candle lighters and grill lighters. I buy these long clickable lighters three and four at the time. They inevitably get left outside in the rain or run out of fuel. You can never have too many of these or too many pairs of scissors.
16052 
Dollar Tree has a lot of bright colored plastic tablecloths. We always keep these on hand for when Justin is seasoning up large quantities of meat to go on the smoker or grill. They’re also very handy when I’m painting signs or other craft projects. They’re not very thick, so if you wanted to use them for a party, I suggest you double up. Otherwise, it’s great to fold them up and toss them in the trash with the mess.
 180163
I also pick up random things we need to keep on hand “just in case.” Nightlight bulbs are three for $1 and make late night trips to the bathroom for Wyatt much more bearable.
186522
Check the craft section of your DT. They sometimes have bright colored grosgrain ribbon. These are fun for my plate stands or signs. I like to switch out the colors for the seasons.
 964638 white-ribbon-plate-red-ribbon
For the kitchen
DT has great selections of plastic ware. These come in fun colors to match any party theme. This is much more affordable than hitting up the party stores!
 181929
I like buying plastic utensils and silicone spatulas at DT. The large round slotted spoons are great for mixing up sweet tea and I use the spatulas for PB & J or mayo to make sandwiches in the morning.
187323 803942
I also buy a few boxes of the cheap sandwich zipper bags. Justin and I both take sandwiches to work several days a week. We have really nice Tupperware sandwich keepers but we inevitably leave them at work or forget to rinse them out so I am reaching for these at the last minute.
871705
DT has a lot of cute metal platters. These are great for sending a batch of cookies and not having to worry about your plates being returned. They also have plastic platters that resemble cut crystal. I like these for parties or gatherings where I leave early and don’t want to have to chase down my good platters. I don’t mind leaving them for the host to reuse or even toss because they’re only just a buck!
191199 930523 
The last thing that is nice to have on hand are these foil take out containers. My mama uses them a good bit. She always sends home containers of left overs after family gatherings or meals and again, she doesn’t have to worry about her good stuff going missing when it’s not returned.
946944

No comments: