Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rounding out 2013

I can’t believe it has almost been ten years since I started college at Georgia Southern. I am so happy fate through together Amanda and me. She was the best roommate all four years of college, we were in each other’s weddings, and I love hearing all of the latest news from her family. We met Emily during our Freshman Honors Orientation class and she moved in with us the next year. We also met Emily’s twin sister Erica that first semester and she ended up moving in with us our Junior year. I am glad I got the chance to catch up with these girls over our Christmas break while Emily was in town from New Mexico. I wish I lived closer because we had so much fun updating each other on our lives and eating lunch together.

IMG_3672 IMG_3671 

Wyatt got to enjoy playing with Erica and Nick’s little boy Henry’s Christmas goodies. He and Henry look like they could be brothers! Their blonde hair and blue eyes do the trick!IMG_3650

On another unrelated note, Wyatt got an adorable shaving kit for Christmas and he loves shaving like his daddy. We have already gotten a fair warning from a family friend who learned from experience to keep the real razors out of his reach; her son shaved off one of his eyebrows! Duly noted!

IMG_3686 IMG_3683 IMG_3643

Justin had to work New Year’s Eve (every few years the days fall where he works all the major holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, NYE), so we went to Amanda and Michael’s house for a small get together. We ate and laughed and had a blast, but by 8:00 it was time for us to go home and get Wyatt bathed. He was in bed by 8:30 and I dozed off sometime shortly thereafter. I remember hearing little footsteps slapping the brick floor and opening my eyes to see Wyatt. He woke up at 11:50 that night, just in time for him to snuggle up on my lap and be my midnight kiss on the cheek to ring in 2014. We were able to call Justin and wish him a happy new year and shuffle off to bed. I hope 2014 is as wonderful as 2013 was. It was stressful, exciting, and never boring that’s for sure!

No comments: