Thursday, February 12, 2009

A plantation lodge just for me!

Last week, I had the opportunity to work with the 2009 Georgia Quail Hunt. This is where large corporations come to a lovely mini vacay to hunt quail at plantations all over Southwest Georgia and learn about the area and what it has to offer to businesses looking to expand or locate.

*Okay, enough about all of that economic development stuff*
The sweetest girls from the Georgia Chamber of Commerce arranged to have decorators come down from Atlanta and transform a lowly (albeit very nice as far as hotels go) conference room into a four-star plantation lodge. Man, those boys from Atlanta got skills! When Justin and I rennovate our little hut or build a new house, I'm taking a page (okay copying everything down to the bowl of pecans on the coffee table) those boys did. Imagine large chocolate leather couches and chairs, chocolate silk dripping from floor to ceiling and beautifully hung David Lanier artwork (not prints!) on the walls beside deer heads and the like. Now if my living room looked like that, Justin could kill a whole zoo's worth of animals and get them stuffed!


So it is without further ado I give you the Lodge at the Hilton Garden Inn (AKA my future living room!):

No comments: