Thursday, February 19, 2009

25 Things

A few weeks ago, all of my friends tagged me in the "25 things about me" craze. I was sucked into it, but it might give yall a little insight to me. Here goes:


1. I really try to be funny. I get a lot of laughs when I’m in a crowd, but I think I have laughed with Lori Andrews more than any other person in the world. Maybe that because she just “gets” me and I can take her abuse.

2. I have a great hubbs—so great he lets me call him “Hubbs”—and puts up with my craziness even after almost 8 years.

3. I hear all of the time that I’m just like my mama, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

4. I don’t really know what my natural hair color is—thanks to my bestie/hair guru.

5. I HATE FROGS!!! My college roommate Amanda caught one when we were sophomores and put it in our bathtub and made me touch it to get over my fear, and it still didn’t help.

6. I truly, sincerely believe I wouldn’t be the same person I am now if we didn’t move away from New Jersey. The attitudes and general grouchy-ness from the area I was in would have overtaken my otherwise sunny disposition. (No offense to you sweet nice Jersey folks. :)

7. I am a knowledge junkie. I currently read over 100 blogs, which is probably 600+ mini articles, two local online newspapers and the entire contents of CNN.com every day.

8. I took the test to be on Jeopardy! because I watch it every chance I get, but I froze up when I took it, which is probably why I didn’t make the cut. I can try again in March.

9. I love my ever-expanding family. Supper at my parents’ house Sunday made me realize by the time my sisters get married and we all have kids, my mama is going to have to install an industrial kitchen to feed all of us.

10. I wish I could be the cook my mama is and the baker my mother-in-law is. I’m working on it more and more every day. I just got a recipe to make soft Philly-style pretzels.

11. My SIL Amanda and I have grand plans of starting a business. I see myself as an entrepreneur one day—she’s got the creative gene and I got the cheap, deal-finding gene.

12. As the oldest of three girls, I am STILL the shortest. I don’t think that’s changing any time soon.

13. My mama and daddy got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I have made 1 ½ sets of curtains, six key chains, and have a notebook FULL of ideas that I can’t wait to get started on.

14. I seriously think my youngest sister and I were twins born four years apart. We are so alike and so different at the same time. She even guessed the CD I bought for my Nanny for Christmas (Frank Sinatra) after it was already wrapped.

15. My sister Suzi and I get along really well. We were MORTAL ENEMIES growing up, and I think we turned out all right. I guess my mama was right when she said we’d be great friends someday.

16. I can’t wait to have kids with Justin! We both want to get done school before we settle down to start a family, but I know he’s going to be the best dad! He talks a lot about little league games and fishing with our kids as if we already have them. We like Caroline and Wyatt for kids’ names. But I’m not gonna know the sex of the baby. I want Justin to be the one to yell out “It’s a boy!/girl!” for the first time.

17. On that same note, I think it’s my generation’s shot at having twins and I would love for it to be me! I’d like to get it done and over with all in one shot.

18. I have a bachelor’s degree in Regional Economic Development and I love my job! I would love to work for Ashburn or Turner County if only for better pay and without small town politics. I have a passion for making Turner County great. I’ll end up there someday.

19. Orange is my favorite color, as evidenced by my crazy fall wedding. I like that it’s different and so “me.”

20. I have the craziest taste in music. For example, during the course of writing this I have had Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, 3 Doors Down, Buckcherry, Corrine Bailey Rae, the Backstreet Boys, and Miranda Lambert belting out tunes. (I know, it takes me a while!)

21. I am a technology freak! I am so excited about the latest gadgets. I told Justin yesterday that when we build a house, it’s gonna have a Smart system in it that I can use to control our AC, lights and stuff from the internet. I just found out my DVR is going to have the capability to be set from the internet in a few months and I really think it made my whole day.

22. I had the coolest roommates in college. Amanda, my roomie of four years was the picture of cool. She could keep her room neat, maintain an almost perfect 4.0, and explained to me the meaning of “Cake=lies.” She was my nip/tuck watching buddy, cooking partner, and all-around the best roommate a girl could ask for. I will always be grateful for Southern for randomly pairing us up freshman year. Emily was next and she’s such a free spirit. She’s the reason I know about the cult classic Rocky Horror Picture Show, Vagina Monologues, and exactly what living a vegan/vegetarian life can be like. I didn’t always know what her hair color would be the next time I saw her and I love that! She’s gonna be a star someday, either on stage or in print and I’m glad I got to experience her enthusiasm for three years. Erica was our pseudo-roommate for one year, actual roommate for 1. She and I are a lot alike and Justin really took a liking to her fiancĂ© Nick. I wish I could cook like her too!

23. I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, but sing at the top of my lungs in the car, much to Justin’s dismay.

24. I got a pizelle maker from Justin for Christmas, and never once in my life did I know that “pizelle” was the plural for “pizelle.” I always added an “s.” Some Italian I am. Geez.

25. If I won the lottery, I think I would end up giving away more than I keep. I love shopping for other people. My ideal job would be to be an errand girl, including grocery shopping for rich people. I wouldn’t mind that one bit.




What about you?

No comments: