Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hi there!

Hey yall! I have a confession for my very first blog post under my real name (read: I have a secret blog where people don't know who I am) : I'm not really a southern belle. Not technically anyways. My family moved to Georgia from New Jersey when I was in first grade, so I did develop a little taste for Northern life, but boy am I glad we found Ashburn! I couldn't imagine my life turning out any better than it has. So here's a little about me: I am the oldest of three girls. My sisters are great and it turned out Mama was right: we are good friends, despite oh, I don't know, fifteen years of fighting like cats and dogs. See here we are at Christmas this past year:
That's me on the right. Our middle sister (here on the left) is Suzi and the youngest (in the middle of the pic) is Sami.

I have been married to my high school sweetheart, Justin, for four months now. He's a firefighter/EMT and is going to be a paramedic after May. We started dating when I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior(!) and dated all through college. I graduated from Georgia Southern University in May with a BBA in Regional Economic Development and we finally got our special day on October 4th!
Together, we have a Great Dane named Skie and a cat named Mow. They have made the transition to living together fairly well. They're our only babies for now. We're gonna wait for a few more years to add to our nest :)

I have some of the best in-laws a girl could ask for. They have been a part of my family for going on 8 years now, so I guess they would have to be pretty awesome to know my family and still like us. Desiree and Sheldon are their names.

I also have a sister- and brother-in-law. Amanda is Justin's sister and her husband is Michael. And then come my favorites so far: my nephews and my niece. Jake is 7 (his mama and daddy found out they were having him just after Justin and I started dating), Ben is 5, and Rivers is 2 1/2 going on 20. They're such cool kids and trouble-makers to the extreme. Amanda has even taken to writing a blog about their crazy antics: Check her out at http://crazydaysmylifeplainandsimple.blogspot.com/

Last but not least is my bestie: LoriAnne has put up with me through thick and thin for the past five years and I couldn't imagine a better friend. She's a blast to hang out with, she and Justin are best friends too so it's not weird if it's just the three of us hanging out at the house, and she's the best hairstylist EVER! She's my hair guru and she's brought me through almost every hair color possible and one terrible perm she ABSOLUTELY didn't want to do.

So you can see I have a crazy crew to surround me every day. I hope when you stumble across my little piece of the web you find something interesting.

No comments: