Thursday, February 19, 2009

Open letter to my bestie/hair guru:

This is an open letter to my bestie/hair guru, Lori:

Dear Oh-So-Wonderful LA,
As you might know, my hair grows abnormally fast. Like, seriously fast. It has been a mere 4 1/2 weeks since I have last had my hair done. I have the worst roots ever. I am so glad you could fit me in today and I owe you a week's worth of home-made suppers of your choosing.
--Me


So folks, here is the sadness:


There was a time in my life when I wouldn't DARE color my hair. Now, I look back at my mousy brown hair and wonder where the definition was. I guess that comes from being a guinea pig for your best friend making her way through cosmetology school and doing your hair at 1:00 am in her pjs. :) I have been dark dark brown, platinum blonde, red, and a particularly unusual shade of what's been called "that peanut butter and grape jelly stuff mixed in a jar." No fears, that wasn't Lori's fault. She got her hands on some bad color from the beauty supply store. Look out, folks. I'm not sure what color it will be tonight :)

No comments: