Saturday, May 27, 2017

Work Lately

I have had a great time this past month at work. I visited Mitchell County and was able to speak at the ground breaking for MitCo Grow, a partnership between the emerging citrus industry and the local correctional facility. The inmates learned about irrigation systems and citrus farming and the produce they grow will be used in their food system. Really cool concept!


Later in the month I headed up to Lake Lanier Islands for the Georgia Economic Developers Association spring workshop. I had a great time. My friend works for an EMC and invited me out with their group on a houseboat for dinner. We had a lot of fun and I made a lot of professional connections in a relaxed environment. The scenery didn't seem to shabby either!




One of the most fun excursions I have done on a conference tour recently was tour the King's Hawaiian bakery. We learned how economic developers on local, regional, and state levels came together to make it happen. After we had a delicious BBQ lunch we took a facility tour. My favorite part was eating some of those delicious rolls right off the hot line with a bit of butter!




No comments: