Monday, May 15, 2017

Podcasts

I have been reluctant to jump on board with podcasts. That might surprise people given the amount of time I spend driving all across the state of Georgia. I have been a dedicated fan of audiobooks thanks to the free electronic check out program my library offers.

I heard so very many people talk about S-Town that I decided it was just time to bite the bullet. I donwloaded the free podcast to my phone and thank goodness it was only 7 episodes. S-Town is a gateway drug. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. The non-fiction semi-biographical piece was more than I could handle. I didn't want to do anything but binge every single episode. I hated to have to get out of the car to do, you know, actual ADULT things like work or grocery shopping.

I dipped my toe in the water with Crimetown and loved it too!





Up and Vanished was another one that tons of my friends were hooked on. It featured the unexplained disappearance of a local school teacher from a neighboring county and it unraveled in real time. I finally got caught up on all of the episodes just over a month ago and now eagerly await the new episodes each Monday.


The other podcasts I have discovered are mostly non-fiction. I use them to educate myself on current issues facing our country, catch up on bloggers that have turned to podcasting, and even to just escape from the drudgery of the 24 hour news cycle without slipping into complete fictional stories.







No comments: