Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mother’s Day and Nanny’s 90

This Mother’s Day was busy for us! We visited Mrs. Desiree and Mr. Sheldon first thing and then went over to Aunt Terri and Uncle Louie’s house to celebrate my paternal grandmother, Nanny’s 90th birthday. I am terrible at remembering to get pictures with me in them. I think it’s a miracle that I managed to end up in two of these, but not one SINGLE photo of me with my own sweet Mama or Mrs. Desiree.

IMG_8364

Four generations of Mastrarios: Nanny, Daddy (Pop), me, and Wyatt

IMG_8365

These are four of my Nanny’s six children. Aunt Phil passed away more than ten years ago and Uncle Tony still lives in New Jersey.

IMG_8374

IMG_8377

Sami managed to get the three of us together for a selfie. I don’t get too many pictures like this with my sisters!

IMG_8402

I told Justin I couldn’t believe that it was just four years ago that I had a four-day old newborn baby on my first official Mother’s Day. I can still remember he had on a blue onesie that said, “My mom rocks” with guitars on it. Now he’s fiercely independent, so smart, and very much like his Mama and Daddy in every way. I’m thankful I had such a great example to look up to in my own mama and hope to do best by him!

IMG_8288

No comments: