Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Recap

This was our second Christmas in our new house and the second Justin and I have had the privilege to host the annual Christmas Eve Open House my parents started over 20 years ago.
Our house was decorated and I am a little sad to see all the festive sparkly decorations down after having them up for nearly a month.
IMG_4889 IMG_4899
 IMG_5007
Because it was so warm on Christmas, we weren’t able to have a nice cozy fire going in our fireplace so I dressed it up with these adorable mercury glass votives and tea light holders I got at Dollar Tree. The whole set up was $20 and I am very impressed with the quality of the glass.
IMG_5006
We had enough food to feed an army. I am quite proud of the spread. We even put out the train set Aunt Faye gave us around the food table. It wouldn’t quite stay right on the tracks so we didn’t want to risk a derailment and food catastrophe so we didn’t having it running.
IMG_4919 IMG_4921 IMG_4922 
Sami got some great shots as usual and I really love this one of me holding Pax when he was opening his present from Aunt CAT.
 IMG_5004 IMG_5005 
We were missing Liam since he was at his mama’s house, but Pax and Wyatt looked awfully cute in their matching Snoopy Christmas jammies.
IMG_5008
After everyone left, Wyatt left out egg nog and cookies for Santa and went right off to bed.
IMG_4932
Santa was rather busy this year. Wyatt really only asked for tennis shoes, a ceiling fan, and a toy camper. He got all that and more. We turned his Hot Wheels car table into a farm table and he got a big red barn, some hunting figurines, and tons of animals. Of course he got the three things he asked for too.
IMG_4946 IMG_4951
IMG_4957 IMG_4963 IMG_4969 
Justin and I really had fun with his gifts this year. I think one of the things Justin and Wyatt have had the most fun with is his bow and arrow set.
IMG_4883
Dollar Tree was the best place for stocking stuffers this year. They usually have a good bit of licensed character merchandise around Christmas time and I was able to stuff his stocking FULL for $14!
IMG_4965
Justin was so good with my presents this year. He got me three big Georgia Grown signs for my office and even made me a coat hook from old railroad spikes. I got a Mexican sugar mold candle and a really cool Georgia cast iron sign.
Amanda was pretty crafty this year too. She hand embroidered a family tree for Mrs. Desiree (with two extra branches for Justin and me to fill up with future babies!), a Dawg House sign for Justin (finished up with minutes to spare on Christmas morning), and these mason jar wall sconces for me. I am a big fan of homemade gifts and my whole family is just so talented!
IMG_4980 IMG_4981 IMG_5051
Wyatt got a few gift cards from out of town family and he had a really good time picking out his own presents. I have been so blessed with a giving family but I really think a sweet, loving, only half-nuts family is the best gift ever!
IMG_5011 IMG_5017

No comments: