Monday, December 15, 2014

Window Craftiness

Justin and I found salvaged windows at the Big Peach Antique Mall in Byron, Georgia for only $10 each! They were in good shape so we loaded them up.
The first one is huge! I printed nine full size 8 1/2” x 11” sheets with our family photos and you can still see around them just a bit! I just taped them to the back side of the glass with Scotch tape after I cleaned them well with Windex and let them dry. These should be easy to switch out this way. We have a gorgeous way to display our family photos from this fall and the whole project cost me about $15 including tape and printing.
 IMG_4522
The second window was smaller but we decided we wanted to replace the glass panes with mirrors for the dresser in the hallway where I get ready in the morning. Justin popped the old glass out and I took it to Batts Glass in Tifton and got them to cut me six panes. All together they were $18. Justin reglazed the mirror panes and we got it up and already in use. The only thing I recommend: make sure you take each pane to be measured individually. Justin had to trim and sand some of the sides for the mirrors to fit. Again, only $30 for this project and we got an interesting piece that is functional and so very “us.”
IMG_4661

No comments: