Monday, October 6, 2014

Wrapping up September

Back in July, Justin and I found out Garth Brooks was doing a concert in Atlanta. It has been one of Justin’s lifelong dreams to see him in concert. I was excited too! We scored tickets after waiting on TWO phones, a laptop, and Justin calling in over the phone. After the first show sold out so quickly, Garth ended up adding several more shows that weekend and the following one. If you aren’t from Atlanta and are attending a concert or event at Philips Arena, let me recommend you use the Ticketmaster parking option. We paid $30 but we had an awesome spot right across from the arena and were out of there in less than 5 minutes. It was very convenient and money well-spent!
IMG_1857 
Garth put on an AWESOME show! It was amazing and we sang along to all the songs. We had what was called a limited view seat but I don’t think it was bad at all. Justin said the top of the big screen was cut off for him because he was so tall though (score one for being a short girl!). Trisha Yearwood did a few songs and she still has the remarkable voice she had when she was at the height of her popularity.
IMG_1854
I have been enjoying the cooler fall weather but it’s sad to know that our long nights playing outside with Wyatt will soon be cut short with the shorter days.
IMG_1917 IMG_1918
Two weeks ago I got to attend the Georgia Olive Growers Conference. I have worked with a group of olive producers since 2010. It was amazing to see the harvest and to smell the olive oil being processed. This green oil was less than minutes old. The room smelled like heaven and I felt that I left with a slight sheen of oil on my face from it flying around in the air. Talk about perfection!
IMG_1959 IMG_1965
Justin and I set out the other day to plant our winter garden. We planted white, yellow, and red onions, cabbage, broccoli, turnips, and “mustards and ketchup” to quote Wyatt! I am excited as these are all my favorite veggies. I wish we could figure out how to do Brussels sprouts and I’d be all covered!
IMG_1989 IMG_1990 IMG_1992 IMG_1993
It was raining on my way out to the car the other day from work and I caught the tiniest little rain drop on my eye lash. I like to find little happy things in otherwise cruddy days.
IMG_2077

No comments: