Friday, October 31, 2014

October Odds ‘n Ends

October has been an incredibly busy month for us, but we have managed to squeeze in a lot of fun and projects even with the busy calendar.
I made this magnolia wreath with just a $1 styrofoam form and some floral tape. I think this one is okay, but next time I will use a rounded form and some hot glue to make sure it stays in place. It has since dried out and the leaves are curling up and falling like crazy. This is a short term wreath, but it only took 30 minutes so I don’t think I really mind having to redo it every so often and putting in another $1 for a form every time.
IMG_2508 IMG_2511
I planted my spring bulbs. I can’t wait to see the bright hyacinths, daffodils, tulips, and crocus blooms in the front yard this spring!
IMG_2631
Mama, Sami, Wyatt, and I went to Calhoun Produce’s Flash Light Night in the Corn Maze. Poor Liam got sick at the last minute so they missed out on the fun. As a consequence, Wyatt was lit up like a Christmas tree from all of the glow stick accessories Mama purchased for the boys.
IMG_2761
We had a great time in the corn maze. It was amazing to see so many cars packing the parking lot! Wyatt especially liked the late night wagon ride to see the animals. That’s always one of his favorite parts of visiting Calhoun’s on any day!
IMG_2733 IMG_2758
We roasted marshmallows over big fire pits. I can tell you Wyatt was hopped up on sugar and didn’t sleep until we got home after 10:00 p.m. that night.
IMG_2751 IMG_2762 
Another one of my cheapie projects is turning this adorable (but plain) blue plate from IKEA (thanks, SIL!) into a cute little counter decoration by adding a Georgia Grown vinyl cutout and pairing it with an old medicine bottle we found by the road, some goldenrod, and a small Bath & Body Works candle and pedestal.
IMG_2780 
Justin killed his first deer of the season and asked me to keep Wyatt up until he got home that night. Wyatt was so excited; his daddy bought him new camo that day, too. He was all ready to start hunting after that night!
IMG_2824 
We also got a new kitten. I had forgotten how small they were and I’m going to have to put this one in the pen at night so she doesn’t crawl up into my car engine to keep warm this winter.
IMG_3005

No comments: