Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Calhoun Produce: Fall Family Fun on the Farm

A few weeks ago, my mama (Mimi to three handsome little boys), Liam, Wyatt, and I went to the first Fall Family Fun on the Farm day at Calhoun Produce. It was also my mama’s 50th birthday! When we arrived, we ordered lunch (ALWAYS go for the lunch there; it’s awesome!), sat down to eat and were soon serenaded by Mrs. Joyce, Sheila, and Jessica singing “Happy birthday!” to Mama with a cup full of homemade strawberry ice cream. They made me so happy and it wasn’t even my birthday!
Something that’s really neat to me: Mama made these veggie cutouts many years ago and they’re still using them at the farm!
IMG_2010 
When I asked Wyatt and Liam what their favorite part was of the fun-filled day, they took turns shouting,
“THE ANIMALS AND THE WAGON RIDE!”
IMG_2013
“NO, THE PIG RACES!”
IMG_2017 
“NO, THE DUCK RACES!”
IMG_2022
“NO, THE CORN MAZE!”
IMG_2031 
It is so awesome to have a wonderful family making a living doing what they love and knowing that our kids are enjoying it year after year. I know I have been out there picking strawberries every March and April since I can remember. I hope one day I’m the Mimi with Wyatt’s (and any other kids’) children making the same kinds of memories.
IMG_2034 IMG_2037 IMG_2038

No comments: