Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wyatt’s 3rd Birthday Party

I can’t believe Wyatt is three years old now! I still get all mushy and sentimental when I remember finding out I was pregnant with him and the minute I first got to hold him in my arms.
For his third birthday party, we had a construction theme. Justin and I built him a sandbox and we mentioned to family and friends that sand toys or outdoor toys were a sure bet for him. He made out like a bandit.
It was a very “homemade” party. I am not the crafty-Pinterest perfect mother but I tried. I made little roads for the tables out of masking tape and poster board.
IMG_6812 IMG_6898
I wrapped the cake board in caution tape. Did I mention I made the cake? I am so darn proud of that thing! I borrowed Amanda’s big giant cake pan she used for Suzi’s wedding cake. It took 5 box mixes (I mentioned it was a SEMI-homemade party right?) and almost an hour to bake. Thankfully, the chocolate cake “dirt” made the whole process very forgiving. I cheated and used canned icing too. Sue me. I bought a bunch of Caterpillar construction equipment toys for table decorations and the top of the cake from Dollar Tree and they worked perfectly. They were also fun to send home with the other kids as party favors. That’s also where I got the mini road cones.
IMG_6811 IMG_6813 
IMG_6875 IMG_6900
IMG_6849IMG_6850
We “borrowed” a road closed sign from the MIDDLE of our dirt road (there were ones at each end as well) and used constriction barrels our friend Jonathan uses at the church to add to the decorations. We are proud to work with what we have and not spend a fortune on stuff we’ll only use once.
IMG_6856
We had so many of our friends and family members to celebrate my little man and the sand box was definitely a huge hit. I am so thankful for a sweet, happy little 3 year old and wonderful people to share him with!
IMG_6861
IMG_6895

No comments: