Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wrapping up August

This past Friday afternoon, Justin, Wyatt, and I spent the evening out in the yard. Justin was tilling up the garden and ran out of gas. He didn’t want to leave it out by the road, so he “towed” it to the car port with the four wheeler. It was a hilarious sight I’m sure to see me steering the tractor with Justin’s little four wheeler pulling it down the dirt road with a chain.
IMG_1342
I have been reading iPhotography blogs recently to capture iPhone pictures better. I have a “nicer” camera but I never bring it with me. The blogs all say the best camera is the one you have with you. I read a cool article about silhouette photos and I convinced Justin and Wyatt to pose for me. I was pretty proud of how this one turned out.
IMG_1362
I sent it to my photog sister and she did some edits on it with an app, boosting the contrast, etc. It is definitely frame-able in my opinion!
IMG_1373
I tried editing it myself and got a little more whimsical with my edits, adding in a camera flare.
IMG_1377
I tried the technique out with our pear tree too, but of course I’m more fond of the human subjects.
IMG_1376
Saturday morning, I whipped up some homemade cannoli filling for our UGA football barbeque.
IMG_1379
After that, we loaded up and drove to Bass Pro Shops for their family weekend activities. Wyatt told the poor face painter that he wanted a bulldog and this was the best she could come up with. I think that red thing at the top is supposed to be a ball cap. She was probably used to painting tigers and flowers.
IMG_1383 IMG_1384
We had both of our families over for a cookout and I didn’t manage to snap a single photo. Thankfully Sami got this cute picture of Pax and Wyatt in their UGA jerseys. Liam had his on too, but for some reason we couldn’t get all three of them together. We were happy that UGA won their first game of the season. Everyone left with full bellies and was ready to hit the hay!
This_future_UGA_player_enjoyed_his_first_UGA_game_with_with_cousins__August_30__2014

No comments: