Friday, March 28, 2014

Marching on Along

March has been very busy around the Cook house. Here is just a taste of what’s been going on. One sunshiney Saturday, Amanda, Desiree, and I started cleaning up at Grannie and Papa’s house. Amanda made the best little picnic for the kids and used an ironing board for a table. The kids got a real kick out of it.
IMG_5252
Someone found an umbrella hat up there too. It’s going to be added to Justin’s fire clown wardrobe if it manages to fit over his big orange wig.
IMG_5260 IMG_5261
I love these two! They were happy and relaxed after a big dinner one night.
IMG_5347
I made a few Pinterest projects too. It was time to make another batch of my homemade powdered laundry detergent. I use this recipe.
IMG_5369
My nephew Jake rescued this old window frame. I just screwed some cup hooks on it and it makes a great key/sunglasses rack. I originally planned to fill the frames with pictures, but my SIL suggested chicken wire and using small clothes pins to attach mail, papers for school, etc. I will post a final picture when I decide which option I like best.
IMG_5377
Wyatt said he was “just resting” on the dogs’ bed one afternoon when we were out working in the yard.
IMG_5408
IMG_5435
Justin made this awesome light from galvanized pipes and old power insulators. He is the best! I didn’t even know he was working on it and he just showed up one afternoon with it painted. It goes PERFECTLY on the sewing table I got from Justin’s Grannie’s sewing shop right behind my sofa.
IMG_5556
IMG_5577
IMG_5578
IMG_5580
Justin stopped by a yard sale one day and found this cute little red rocking chair for Wyatt for a steal—$5! It is neat with our two beat up rockers on our front patio. I need to brush off the old paint on ours and give them a new coat.
IMG_5599 IMG_5647
IMG_5641
IMG_5642

No comments: