Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fire Ant Fun

This past weekend was my hometown’s annual Fire Ant Festival. It is such a blast, but this year was particularly hectic.

S25C-411010316310_f4a01c8d78

Justin has developed an interest in cooking some pretty awesome barbecue and when he found out there was going to be a BBQ competition, he was the first person to sign up.

We had a good time and thankfully he had his brother-in law Michael and his friend Matt to help with the hands-on stuff he couldn’t do with his cast.

The only win the guys got was for third place in the sauce category, but there was some pretty experienced competition. We heard from one of the judges that their entry was pretty awesome considering this was their first competition. Although I’m a little biased, I like to think it was out of this world. I hurt myself eating pulled pork and baby back ribs.

I snapped a few quick shots of the Friday night fireworks show and the strawberry cookoff, but I was a major slacker in the picture department this time! You can check out some drool-worthy shots on my my sister Sami’s FB photo page here.

FAF11bFAF11cFAF11d

1 comment:

Sami Mastrario said...

Thanks for the love! :] Love you!