Friday, July 29, 2016

Carpet Disaster

Wyatt really broke me in to being a parent of two when Georgia was just a few weeks old. Here is my Facebook post. It captures my reaction fresh from that day:

To all my friends, family, coworkers, folks at church, and concerned ladies in the grocery store, I LIED. You have all asked me how adjusting to two kids has been and I've smiled and said, "It's not as bad as everyone warned me it would be." I didn't technically lie as much as I was just plain naive. The other shoe simply hadn't dropped... UNTIL TODAY. Wyatt, Georgia, and I all were catnapping this morning when I heard Wyatt make some noise in his playroom. I looked over to see his feet and hands COVERED IN WHITE PAINT. He found the paint I used for the front door, decided to pour some on the floor, and proceeded to track it in the foyer, living room, CARPETED hallway, and into the bathroom. I couldn't yell, spank him, or punish him in any worse way than the way I utterly terrified him by just breaking into hysterical fits of crying and gasping for air. After a frantic call to Justin Cook, I managed to gather my composure slightly and called my MIL for reinforcement and to borrow the carpet cleaner. I managed to get most of it scrubbed up with a scrub brush and hot soapy water and Mrs. Desiree with the carpet cleaner did the rest of it. I am thankful for family to come to my rescue and the ability to find slight humor in the situation when it's all said and done. So now if you ask me how life is with two kids, I have some very memorable photos to give you a visual response. A stressful time but oh, how I love these babies!

 

IMG_7979 IMG_7980 IMG_7981 IMG_7986

No comments: