Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Random Bits and Pieces

Thanks to seeing friends in Walmart one night and striking up a random conversation about convenience store fixtures, I am now the proud owner of a potato chip clip rack. I had a brainstorm one day that this would be perfect Koozie storage for Justin’s ever growing collection. Raymond and Amy have Rescue’s Smokehouse and were renovating an old convenience store for their restaurant relocation. They gave us several racks and this is a really convenient way to see all of them at a glance. One’s drinks should never lose their chill or get your hands wet!
IMG_6305
We went to a friend’s birthday party at the local skating rink. After some initial hesitation, we scored Wyatt one of these cool training walkers. This was a big mistake on my part. The boy was off like a shot of lightning and I seriously couldn’t keep up with him on my own skates. Every time he fell, I would skate furiously to catch up to him to help him up. By the time I could reach him, he was back on skates speeding off.
IMG_6361 
My sister-in-law and brother-in-law’s goat had twin kids and they are just adorable! There is a boy and a girl. Wyatt loves seeing the babies!
 IMG_6466 IMG_6474
I was leaving for a work meeting one day and realized my tire indicator was on. I was sick of slow leaks so Justin told me to go to the local tire shop and have them look at it. I am so lucky I did! The alignment on my car was off and I had worn the inside of the front passenger tire until you could see wire. I would have almost certainly had a blow out any day and my luck would have been that it was on the interstate. I promptly got a new tire, got my car alignment recalibrated, and got on the way to my meeting after almost two hours. I am thankful for the little things that almost-were-but-didn’t-happen! It is a blessing!
IMG_6542 
While I was in Athens for a workshop, I made a late night run to Target. I love their thank you notes in the dollar spot and I had a brilliant idea. I love to write thank you notes in my car when I am early for meetings. I grabbed up a coupon binder and was able to put several different card designs, stamps, and return address labels in it. It’s a great way to keep them from getting bent up and it’s handy enough to throw in my purse when I know I will have some downtime. I can never write too many thank you notes—they really go a long way!
IMG_6563 IMG_6564 IMG_6565
Justin is so sweet to me! He forced me to get my master’s diploma framed to match my undergraduate degree. It looks so good and I will be really proud to hang it in my office.
IMG_6608 
I have an addiction to bags. I think I might have gone overboard with the chevron, but I love this red and black overnight bag my sister Suzi got me for Christmas! It is perfect for a quick trip to Atlanta and back.
IMG_6689
I love group texts with my mama and my sisters! Suzi sent us a picture of all of her Thirty-One bags piled up on her car seat. I just so happened to have just stopped at Jersey Mikes to pick up our meal for the Ashburn Women’s Club so I had to come back with a sassy reply!
IMG_6576 IMG_6577

No comments: