Saturday, March 28, 2015

First Fun on the Farm 2015

IMG_7115
The Cook/Mastrario/Mathis family made our first trip of 2015 out to Calhoun Produce for their spring Fun on the Farm. We had a blast! Justin and Daddy weren’t able to make it but I think it was a wonderful way to spend the day.
IMG_7093 IMG_7107
Pax got to sit on the bouncy horse with his Aunt Sami’s help and then promptly fell asleep on the wagon ride when we were looking at the animals. The farm has lots of new babies around this time of year including a three week old llama!
IMG_7095 IMG_7111
We picked lots of fresh strawberries and I have been eating them all week! It’s still early in the season so I had to refrain from picking all of them. They don’t ripen after they’re picked. I imagine mid-April will be perfect for picking jam berries so I can restock my strawberry preserves stockpile.
IMG_7105
Wyatt’s favorite part of visiting Calhoun Produce is by far the pig races. Baby piglets race around a small track with the promise of Oreo cookies for finishing. Wyatt’s purple pig won the race so he got a pig nose.
After all the fun, we finished up our time at Calhoun’s with chicken salad croissants, pimento cheese sandwiches, and strawberry bars, paired of course with strawberry slushes!
I love the Calhoun family; they’re always smiling and welcoming. This is a great way to spend time with kids. They really get the chance to run and play and see how things grow in South Georgia. I can’t wait until our next visit.

No comments: