Friday, April 10, 2009

Catching up

Wow, blog readers! I have been really busy the past two weeks and didn't have any time to post. Here is my two-week wrap up of all of the fun things I have done lately:


The fourth weekend in March (like always!) was the Fireant Festival in Ashburn, my lovely little hometown. Unfortunately for the festival attendees and fortunately for the farmers, God decided to put a little damper (haha) on the drought we've experienced in south west Georgia. Here is what my little town looked like:



Here are a few pictures of what we actually got to do at the FAF:


This is my dad (left) and my old high school guidance counciler (YIKES!) who played James Brown in the annual lip sync contest...last year he was Tina Turner and did Proud Mary.

Here I am handing out medals for the 5K run we hosted. I'm on the Child Abuse Prevention Council and this is a big fundraiser for us.



I worked the booth at the health fair for child abuse awareness and this is our adorable board, if I do say so myself.


While I was doing that, my sweet Hubbs got his vitals checked.


Here he is again, this time with my wig. I was Chubby Checker and I did the Twist! I live with a crazy person. Though, I guess he could say the same thing...

Hubbs' nickname in high school was Goober, so when he fixed up an old bike for a bike safety day in his paramedic class, I gave him some tricked out stickers made on my Cricut. **Notice the Talladegah Nights reference**



And finally, we made lots of noms this month. We have star shaped brownies, strawberry cobbler, and late-night walnut chocolate chip cookies. *We need to start back walking*

We also have a Strawberry Cookoff each year that my mama's in charge of. This year, she was at a conference in Savannah when we needed to tape the promo for our local news channel and she handed the responsibility to me. I took the easy peasy way out and made chocolate covered strawberries. They were as good as they looked, if not better!

Also, please know that after a week and a half of almost solid rain, the Great Dane and the cat start to terrorize each other. Either that, or the Great Dane becomes a trash eating fool...scattering yesterday's leftovers all over your kitchen.

No comments: