Monday, April 6, 2015

Fire Ant Festival 2015

IMG_7254 IMG_7260 IMG_7270
We recently celebrated the 20th “ANT”iversary for the Fire Ant Festival in our little town of Ashburn. I had a blast on Friday and Saturday. I am going to try to take Wyatt’s picture beside the large ant sculpture every year. It is so hard to believe that this is his fourth FAF!
IMG_7296
Mama and Daddy were recognized and presented with awards for being FAF volunteers for 20 years. I am proud of them for what they have done for our community.
IMG_7353
The majority of my time spent at the Fire Ant Festival was helping with the Ashburn Women’s Club dunking booth. One of our local fire fighters, Hank, showed up with goggles and an innertube! This shot made the front page of the local newspaper, The Wiregrass Farmer.
My favorite part was when my brother-in-law David took a shift in there. I had fun making sure he got dunked as often as possible. The guys that were up for being dunked were such good sports and we raised over $500 for charity!
IMG_7367 IMG_7377
After the FAF festivities, we went to Cirillo’s to celebrate Amanda’s birthday with pizza and trivia. This beautiful theater is still in operation in downtown Fitzgerald!
IMG_7387

No comments: