Monday, January 12, 2015

Insulator Lighting

My SIL Amanda and I have amassed a treasure trove of glass insulators that we’ve had stashed away for projects. Justin has used some before for lighting projects using a diamond tipped drill bit and wiring them up for lamps and pendants, but I wanted to use more of them around the house with no real commitment to major work or costs. 
I saw somewhere on Pinterest to place LED battery-operated tea lights under them and just set them around the house and that’s exactly what I did!
These turquoise insulators are really neat with color-changing LED tea lights below them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the color patterns. When the tea lights are off, they just look like plain blue insulators and you can barely even see the tea lights in them.
IMG_5232 IMG_5233 IMG_5236
IMG_5237
I also used some plain steady white LED battery operated tea lights for my clear insulators. They look much more realistic on our mantel.
IMG_5242
I snapped this pic of the insulators all lit up with my sugar mold candles and tea lights set out on our new table. I think we’re pretty set if the power goes out!
IMG_5238

No comments: