Saturday, July 26, 2014

The FINAL One: India Part 10

On our last full night in India (Friday, July 11), we had a beautiful send off dinner at the Skipper Farm just outside of Jaipur.

IMG_0219 IMG_0223

We were greeted by peacocks roaming free, camels, flower garlands, and beautiful lighting. We enjoyed a cultural show, watched craftsmen create their handiwork right in front of us (including a bangle made to fit my hand exactly!), and ate one last proper Indian meal.

IMG_0230 IMG_0248

There was a lot of fun dancing but I claimed the photographer role, so I didn’t take part of the festivities. Some of us were more reluctant than others.

100_2150 100_2168

100_2179 100_2191

We also all got together and bought our assistant director Kristi a hand-woven rug. She fell in love with it so we all chipped in.

100_2195 

Our last partial day in India, Saturday, July 12 was spent traveling back to Delhi. We stopped at the Amul Dairy processing plant where we were treated to a tour and fresh-off-the-line ice cream. They asked for us not to photograph there so I am only left with sweet memories.

That evening we rested up, made our final packing arrangements, had a goodbye dinner with our wonderful guide Raj, loaded up the bus and made tracks to the airport to head home. I was in dire need of a Dr. Pepper with ICE and to see my boys!

IMG_0337

After a quick 8 hour flight to Germany that was complete with a 6 hour nap thanks to over-the-counter sleeping medication and utter exhaustion, I cleaned up in the airport showers (best idea EVER! If you travel internationally-DO IT! It will refresh you for sure!), and we departed for our final trip. I tried to keep myself entertained with in-flight movies. It was nice to see Divergent again since it’s not out on DVD yet, but I was just antsy to get home.

IMG_0343

I made it through customs at the Atlanta airport fairly quickly. I actually beat my bags, so I had to (not-so-patiently) wait for them before I got to see Wyatt and Justin. As I dragged my luggage to the arrivals lobby, I could hardly see through my tears of happiness. I was so excited to catch Wyatt in my arms and to see Justin. We stopped at Applebee’s for a big steak and headed straight to Cordele for me to meet Mr. Pax and see Suzi. The little punk would hardly open his eyes but I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. He is adorable! So glad I got to finally meet him! Thankfully Sami was there to catch our first meeting.

July_13__2014_Meeting_Aunt_Sarah_for_the_first_time_

I appreciated the opportunity to travel and learn about different cultures, but it sure made me appreciate home. I can’t wait to see what’s next for us!

No comments: