Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Busy Busy Weekend!

We had an incredibly long busy weekend. It kicked off with the Cordele Christmas parade on Friday night. Justin was a fire clown so Wyatt and I rode with Mama and Daddy and met up with Suzi, David, and Liam. Of course, Uncle David bought the boys “lightsabers” to spin around all night and they loved them!
IMG_2990 IMG_2991
Saturday morning Wyatt and I headed to the Cordele Home Depot’s Kids’ Workshop to meet Suzi and Liam. I saw an estate sale sign and couldn’t resist pulling in for just a minute. I got a nice bathroom rug and this whole entire box of Tupperware for $7! I love finding vintage Tupperware and I USE it. Some of the ones in this box were marked 1956 and were from the Millionaire line. It’s amazing to me that they are still useful 57 years later—that’s older than my Mama!
IMG_3036
We went on to Home Depot and had fun with Liam and Suzi making tic tac toe kits.
IMG_3038 IMG_3037
Justin and the other fire clowns were there and Liam even let him hold him. I am so proud of him overcoming his fear of clowns.
IMG_3039 IMG_3040
Wyatt got to sit with Santa #1 of the day and told him he wanted, “candy, suckers, tractors, and a Go Dogs hat (Georgia Bulldogs).”
IMG_3041 IMG_3042
Afterward, we stopped at Calhoun Produce for lunch and to do a little Christmas shopping. We also went to the new sporting goods/hardware store in town, Congo’s. Wyatt loves seeing all of the taxidermied animals and vignettes. I am 100% more comfortable doing all of my shopping online, but there are some great small businesses out there that make shopping local all the better. Wyatt doesn’t get a hug from Mrs. Sheila or a hat from Congo when I do my shopping at Amazon.
After shopping, we headed to Heritage Park in Ashburn to see SNOW! Yes, snow in south Georgia when it was 65 degrees. Yes, I did have my flip flops on. Our local Chamber of Commerce has a company bring a snow machine in every year. Wyatt had a blast until he walked into the crossfire of someone’s snowball. We thought he’d end up with a black eye, but it turns out we’re in the clear. I’m sad more families don’t take advantage of so much fun, but at the same time, I think too many kids might have made it a bit dangerous for the little ones.

IMG_3087 IMG_3088 IMG_3092  IMG_3089
After the snow, Wyatt and I went out to Mama and Daddy’s house for supper. We ate wings and poppers and then loaded up to see Mrs. Carole Ray’s 75+ decorated Christmas trees. Admission was canned goods for charity. Mrs. Carole has a definite skill that I can only wish I had. Wyatt had a little flare up where he pitched a fit and kicked the head off an animatronic dog. I am SOSOSO thankful he didn’t do any damage, but he got a swift swat on the butt and we waited out by the car until he decided he was ready to apologize to Mrs. Carole. I think it was because Santa had seen the whole thing happen and he was having a guilt trip about not getting any presents.
IMG_3106 IMG_3121
 IMG_3120
On Sunday, we had lunch with Mrs. Desiree and Mr. Sheldon, Amanda, Michael, Jake, Ben, and Rivers. We came home with a furry passenger, too! I have been DYING to have this kitten since it was born. It’s so fluffy. Mrs. Desiree agreed to give it to me.
IMG_3127
We don’t usually have too much good luck with cats around our house. When I got home Monday afternoon and couldn’t find it, I was so sad. Justin caught sight of something moving up on the roof and there it was! My firefighter had to drag the ladder out and rescue it off the roof.
IMG_3149 IMG_3150
This morning, I go to feed the kitten and it’s back up on the roof. I don’t do ladders, but when I called Justin, he assured me that it would probably just get down the way it got up there. We think it was up the pergola on the back porch.

No comments: