Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September

This month has been very busy. We started it off celebrating Suzi’s 24th birthday. Mama didn’t have a “4” candle so she encouraged everyone to do some math with Suzi’s cake.IMG_8466
IMG_8465
That day was the first UGA football game so these two cousins shared the excitement with their own jerseys. UGA didn’t win, but it was an exciting game to watch.
 IMG_8464 IMG_8463
We also went to our high school football game which was against the Crisp County Cougars, David’s alma mater. Bless his heart, he was the only one cheering for the Cougars on the home side.
IMG_8423 IMG_8422 IMG_8421 IMG_8420 IMG_8419
You might not have noticed it in the pictures above, but I got a hair cut too. I asked for it to be at my shoulders and the stylist got a little snip happy. I have to tell myself that it’s just hair and that it will grow back.
IMG_8414
Justin, Wyatt, and I were out riding dirt roads one day and got this beautiful picture. I can’t wait until we can move out to the country!
 IMG_8378
I got this ornamental banana plant the other day for participating in a survey. I want some for my house!
IMG_8358
Justin and I pulled down some more honey. We got a gallon and a half. What a sticky mess!
IMG_8350 IMG_8349 IMG_8348 IMG_8347
We went up to Bass Pro Shops over Labor Day weekend and stumbled onto a family fun day there. Wyatt got his face painted like a puppy, got to do some crafts, and played some games. It was a fun day.
 IMG_8492 IMG_8493 IMG_8494 IMG_8495 IMG_8496 IMG_8497
Wyatt makes fun with all of the yard cats at my in-laws’ house. This poor kitty got to be tricycle cargo for a little while.
IMG_8527 IMG_8528
This is the only camo recliner the Cook boys can have at our house, but Wyatt loves it so much!
 IMG_8532
I went to a farm for work and this was such a cool sight. Millions of pine tree seedlings as far as you could see!
IMG_8567
This past weekend, we were invited to Dinner and Doves, hosted by NG Turf. My AGL classmate Jutt invited all of us to come. Justin was very excited to be going to a dove shoot on the opening day of dove season. We had a blast. We brought Wyatt with us and I took him to see our friends Katy and Mitch and their kids Sadie and Eli while Justin was in the field hunting. It was a quick trip up to just west of Atlanta and it made for a long day but we had a great time!
 IMG_8623 IMG_8624 IMG_8625 IMG_8626 IMG_8627
The morning we left for Dinner and Doves, we stopped at a few yard sales and an estate sale. I found the mother lode of old Tupperware. These big storage containers are going to be perfect for Christmas cookies this year! All of this for $40. That’s a steal!
IMG_8637
Last night, I noticed a rain frog on our front door. Even though I am terrified of frogs, I grabbed Wyatt so he could see its underside up close. He liked “touching his belly, Mama” through the glass.
IMG_8667
Maybe I’m cut out to be a “boy mama” after all!

No comments: