Monday, August 26, 2013

August at the Cook House

August has been good to the Cook family. We have spent a lot of time with our parents and sisters and brothers-in-law. Here’s a quick photo recap of our month.

Giant flower fun at Hobby Lobby

IMG_8313

Wyatt and Justin have been practicing for the day when he is old enough to hunt (the BB gun was unloaded but we took the opportunity for Wyatt to learn about gun safety; no pointing it at people!).

IMG_8310 IMG_8309 IMG_8308 

I snapped this pic at our friend Jonathan’s house. My sister terrorizes him and changes the labels on his dry goods all the time.

IMG_8186

Sami is always able to snap the best pictures of Wyatt on the fly. I was lucky enough to catch this one of her teaching him how to use the camera.

IMG_8257 IMG_8314 IMG_8258 

This is one of my favorite ones of him. He was just laying in the grass with her.IMG_8266

I snapped a quick pic of this creepy crawly on a bottle of bubbles. I love the texture!

IMG_7902 

I picked up this adorable clutch for less than $20 including monogramming and shipping at DDP Monograms on their deal of the day.

IMG_8208 

Wyatt can spell his name now so Justin picked up this dry erase notepad for him to practice writing letters. He understands down-up-down-up of the “W” but he keeps on going so it looks like a chevron instead.

IMG_8167

We have gotten tons of rain and Jeb has been cooped up in his kennel too much so we try to be sure he and Wyatt get to run around in the back yard whenever possible, if the mosquitos aren’t too bad.

IMG_8165 IMG_8315 IMG_8024 IMG_8020

Wyatt is gearing up for a new “Go Dawgs” football season. Justin bought him a book all about the University and its traditions. He likes riding the bulldog statue in our flower bed, too.

IMG_8117 IMG_8072

Justin turned “29 again” for the second time and his mama made him a chocolate layer cake. Both of our families came over for supper to help celebrate.

IMG_8110 IMG_8109 

Justin bought a new bow and Wyatt loved going out to the archery range to watch Justin shoot it. These are from the WMA in Perry. We stopped there on our way to the annual Buckarama.

IMG_8080 IMG_8079 IMG_8078 IMG_8077 

I made this fall door hanger one Sunday afternoon with Mama. I have got to get a football one. I know it won’t be done for the Georgia game on Saturday, but it’s on my to-do list.

IMG_8132

I was driving home from work one day and came across the most beautiful field of sunflowers. Sami came out and got some fun pictures of Wy there. He had fun traipsing through the rows.

 

IMG_7826.JPG (2) IMG_7825.JPG (2)  IMG_7873

IMG_7906 
BUT, on the way back, I got pulled over for speeding—in my Daddy’s truck no less! Thankfully the officer was forgiving and let me off with a very nice warning.

IMG_7830 IMG_7828

No comments: