Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day weekend fun

Labor Day weekend was jam-packed for the Cook family! We got up bright and early to go to an estate sale in a neighboring town. It was actually a company that bought an estate, took out all the good stuff and was basically hosting a yard sale of the remnants. It was a bit of a let down, but Wyatt did find this old driving simulator from the 70s pretty fun to hang out on. We also saw this old garden shed behind a business on the way home. I am definitely keeping this design in mind for the new house. I want to recreate something similar for a greenhouse.
IMG_9477  IMG_9478 
After the estate sale, we went to our friends Katy and Mitch’s daughter Sadie’s fourth birthday party. They made a pit stop back in our hometown on their way to Disney World and had a little birthday gathering. Sadie asked for money to spend at Disney, so I taped twenty $1 bills together and made a cute dispenser. She had so much fun wrapping it around her like a sash. Their son Eli is two months younger than Wyatt and the three of them have so much fun together. I wish they live closer!
IMG_9482 IMG_9485 IMG_9436
We headed to my parents’ house for a pre-Labor Day cookout, but I forgot my waterproof phone case, so I only have one photo from my mama that she snapped of Wyatt catching some big air.
IMG_9646
Justin worked on Sunday so Wyatt and I visited him at the fire department. Wyatt already yells, “TRUCK!” when we pull into the parking lot and he gets so excited to “drive.”
IMG_9488 IMG_9501 IMG_9518 IMG_9519 IMG_9525
Monday, we had a cookout at Justin’s parents house. I actually remembered my phone case this time so I was able to get some fun shots of the pool. My SIL and BIL, Michael and Amanda, got two pygmy goats (Dixie and Blue) and Wyatt had a ball checking them out, too.
IMG_9531 IMG_9558 IMG_9592 
(Wyatt got to rock the lion temporary tattoo he got as a party favor from Sadie’s birthday.)
IMG_9605
He is a daredevil and jumps right into the pool. I’m glad we have a water baby, but we have to be extra careful when he’s around the pool because he isn’t afraid of it at all.
 IMG_9635

No comments: