Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August happenings

August has been a tremendously busy month for our family and it doesn’t look like September or October show any signs of slowing down either. I have had to be in Atlanta three times in the past month on overnight trips for work. Justin and I are so thankful to have great families that take care of Wyatt when we’re not able to be around.

IMG_9359

I always said that the best parenting tool I could have ever gotten was my iPhone. It has been my lifesaver and connection to breastfeeding forums when I was up at 3:00 a.m. feedings, my on-demand pediatrician if I had simple “Is this normal?” questions, my go-to camera, and most recently, my connection to Wyatt at night when I’m away. It is so wonderful to Face Time him when I’m not able to kiss him and tuck him in at night. It makes being away from home just a tiny bit easier to handle.

 IMG_9360 IMG_9408   IMG_9428 IMG_9429 

Speaking of grandparents, I’m so glad I can see these pictures of all the fun he is having at Grandma and Pa’s or Mimi and Pop’s. He really seems like the most loved baby in the whole world.

IMG_9437

I’m starting to get artwork from day care and our fridge is filling up fast. I never thought I’d be so happy to have to dig under piles of papers to see my calendar!

IMG_9370

Also, I mentioned before that I started classes for my graduate program a few weeks ago. I am a distance learner, which means I am in class virtually over the internet. I can raise my hand and even speak and show video from my location when I address the professor or the class. Bonus points for distance learning? Class in my pjs in bed! We don’t have an extra room where I can set up for class without Wyatt coming in, so I squirrel myself away in our room while Justin plays with him and gets him ready for bed. I can even throw up an away sign when it comes time to kiss him good night and tuck him into bed.

 IMG_9442 IMG_9372IMG_9444 IMG_9469

No comments: