Monday, July 12, 2010

Great food and good friends!

About a month ago, my sisters and I had a yard sale and decided rather than splitting the money, we’d have a big cookout. Since everyone but Justin and I was at the beach for the 4th, it was nice to have a summertime get-together. Plus it was the perfect opportunity for Justin try out his new grill. He has worked tirelessly to upgrade this grill my dad gave him and make it into a pretty awesome smoker. Here it is:
0710100852a 0710100955
We had such great food and a lot of our family and friends came over. The menu was jam-packed with lots of goodies. Here’s the menu:
   2 Blog 1 
Ribs with Justin’s brand on them. His mama got him the brand for Christmas from Williams & Sonoma.
100_4947 100_4950
Brisket to die for!
  100_4966 Copy of 100_4965
Boston butt, hot dogs, baked beans, yeast rolls, pasta salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, watermelon, seven layer salad, chocolate cake, strawberry lemonade…
100_4956
…and THREE kinds of homemade ice cream: Reese cup, Baby Ruth and peach!
  100_4971     
This was so fun and we hope to do it a few more times---especially when it cools down a bit here in South Georgia.
P.S. Those cute kids? That’s my niece Rivers holding the ribs up and my nephew Ben with that crazy cute smile. I can never ever snap pictures fast enough to get the oldest, Jake, in a shot. He was too cool for school hanging out with the older guys shooting skeet!

1 comment:

ABC said...

Oh I LOVE the brand! What a cool gift idea!!