Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BIG Weekend!

I had a really great, really long weekend! I was able to get off work a bit early on Friday and enjoyed some good time with my hubbs.

Saturday morning, we were in our high school stadium, sitting through the light and icky mist, watching my baby sister graduate. She was the salutatorian (2nd in her class) and the STAR student, which means she had the highest SAT score in her class as well.


I am so proud of her! She will be going to Armstrong in Savannah in the fall as part of their honors' program to become a college history professor. My middle sister is making her mark in Valdosta for early childhood education. I'm really proud of her too! Mama and Daddy wanted to spread their tuition bucks around the state and I'd say they are doing a pretty good job of it.

Afterwards, we had at graduation party at my parents' house. My hubbs grilled pork chops, hot dogs, chicken wings AND boston butt (YUMMM!!!!)
Here is the cake I made for my sister:

Sunday was pretty calm. My mama bought me the most awesome cake tip set from Wilton:

I can't wait to try it out!!!

Monday was Memorial Day. I am so proud of those who serve our country!

Hubbs grilled out again, and on a break from the grill sat on our brand new swing he built us last week. He's so great with that kind of stuff! Skie couldn't help but join him. She's so big and clumsy!

Mow wasn't too impressed...he watched from inside with disdain for the entire outdoors:

I hope your weekend was just as fun!

No comments: