Thursday, January 14, 2016

Work Lately

I love my job and the ability to travel all over the state to meet some of the coolest folks! I have literally been from state line to state line, north to south and east to west. I have hit all four borders of the state of Georgia since November. While the long hours in the car and being away from home get tiring, I wouldn’t trade it for the world!

CYJN0085

Goodson Pecans in Leesburg, Georgia makes the most amazing thing ever: pecan butter. It is perfect for my little rascal that is allergic to peanuts and I can just eat it straight from the jar with a spoon!

IMG_3460 IMG_3467

I spoke to a group in Hiawassee about my experience in my ag leadership program, AGL, and told them about my job across the state. Of course, I had to stop in Ellijay for some fresh Georgia apples. The “pink lady” variety was just in season and it is my absolute favorite.

IMG_3657 IMG_3659

The Savannah Food and Wine Festival was a great time to promote Georgia Grown. I got to hang out with Yumion the Vidalia onion mascot and snagged up the last jar of Abby J’s sweet fire pickles. They are divine.

IMG_3918

 

IMG_3574 IVUA6382 IMG_5168

I spent a few trips meeting with my favorite girls at White Oak Pastures. I was able to stay at one of the on-farm cabins and even snagged a “locally grown” onesie for our newest addition.

ANHI2655 

I visited the E. D. Rivers house in Lakeland.

IMG_5157 IMG_5161 OXYB4649

We also got to visit Still Pond Winery and Distillery in Arlington.

IMG_5175 WXQQ5881 IMG_5181

Gin Creek hosted a group I was with for a tour and tasting (none for me though!)

IMG_5207

One of my very first clients Lauri Jo from Lauri Jo’s Southern Style Canning is introducing several new flavors this year. I bought two different ones to try.

IMG_5251

And finally I got a new experience: south Georgia winter strawberries at Southern Grace Farms in Enigma. It was amazing to have fresh berries in January!

No comments: