Friday, October 28, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Cook Off

IMG_3546IMG_3547
This past Saturday our favorite local produce market, Calhoun Produce, hosted it’s second annual Great Pumpkin Cook Off. Justin and I both entered and we took Wyatt out to the farm for a great time. I make mini pumpkin whoopie pies. I probably ate at least ten of these suckers myself! IMG_3452IMG_3548
{the awesome artsy pics of our desserts are from my sister Sami}
Justin made pumpkin Charlotte and it was delicious! He couldn’t find lady fingers at the local Wally World or the Piggly Wiggly so he just went and made some from scratch. My husband has skills, y’all!
IMG_3549IMG_3550
There were awesome desserts and it was a good competition. Justin won first place for his entry. I hate that I didn’t snap a picture of the awesome basket he won, but it was definitely fabulous.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! I am all about anything pumpkin. Now, your last 2 posts have gone and made me really hungery.