Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Turkey Class

A long, long time ago a city girl fell in love with a country boy. They grew up together, got married, bought a little house in town, had a son, moved to the country, and now have a daughter too. That's my love story in one sentence. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine spending my Saturday with Justin, Wyatt, and Georgia at a turkey processing class but that's exactly what we did last weekend. Justin loves learning about the old school ways of doing things. Sure you can buy a turkey at the grocery store around Thanksgiving for $0.29 a pound but where is the fun in that?

I didn't materially participate in the class but I was on hand, Georgia strapped to me in her carrier, to document the process. It was a fun class and I learned a lot. I think if I had to do it I would probably be able to. I don't know if I could actually kill the turkey myself but if Wyatt or Justin brought one home from hunting I could probably process it.












No comments: