Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Randoms

IMG_6555

Here are some random pictures of what’s been going on this month:

Justin got our two beehives up and going. Since we have to distinguish between the two, Justin let me “name” the queens. We now have Dolly and Reba. I got the chance to don a bee suit and get up close and personal with them. I only had my phone and the touchscreen wouldn’t work with the gloves, so I will have to go back out there with my real camera and get some pictures. IMG_6545 IMG_6543 IMG_6162

We also have two other new additions to our menagerie. Meet Ouiser and Clairee:IMG_6574 

Aren’t they fabulous?! I named them after my two favorite ladies on Steel Magnolias, of course. I can’t wait to get eggs from them! We were able to repurpose Skie’s giant box into a coop for them. It’s not beautiful but it serves its purpose.

IMG_6577

 IMG_6568 IMG_6541 

In other great news, my college roommate Erica and her husband Nick welcomed Baby Henry into the world on Sunday. He is so cute and he already has more hair than Wyatt. I can’t wait to go over to Statesboro and see him in person.

IMG_6532

No comments: