Friday, February 3, 2012

My SIL

Because I grew up with two sisters, I never got terribly excited about the idea of a sister-in-law. I wasn’t that girl with all brothers that wondered what it would be like to get married and finally get a sister-in-law. After all, my sisters and I generally fought like cats and dogs until I moved away to college. I love them so so so so much now and wouldn’t trade them for the world, but there were times when I was little that I would have given them away.

I’ve heard horror stories of evil sisters-in-law and didn’t know what was in store for me when Justin and I started dating. Luckily, his sister Amanda and I get along perfectly. She is one of my best friends now and there isn’t a day that goes by without us texting, emailing, calling or seeing each other. I am so blessed that I have great in-laws and that our families get along.

Want proof? My nephew Ben walked into my office with a box from Belk. This was in it:

 IMG_5444

This is the softest sweater with perfect ruffly rosettes! I have a turquoise one just like it and Amanda knew I was looking for the orange one.

The best part? This was written on the box. Cue the waterworks. Poor Ben didn’t know what was going on and was nervously looking toward the door to make his escape.

IMG_5443

No comments: