Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sock Bun Style

I found a pin on Pinterest that showed a mass of soft beautiful curls that I have been coveting forever. The tag line caught my attention: "No heat; use a sock only!" I thought it was snake oil but I clicked on over to the YouTube video and was amazed. You can find it here: Sock Bun Curls.

I tried this out last night and looked quite silly when I went to bed. 


When I woke up this morning, I couldn't wait to take my hair down. Womp Womp. Mine didn't work like magic. Granted I did it on sweaty post-walking hair so I didn't give it my best shot to start with. I can see some potential so I will definitely try it again.

Since I used one of Justin's old socks, I think I'm going to go to Dollar Tree and pick up some dress socks. I think if the sock is thinner the curls will be a little more uniform. I will also spray a little holding product on my hair next time.

Can't wait to perfect this method!

No comments: