Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A little thing I have learned…

Because of our affinity for home improvement, I make a weekly pilgrimage to Lowe’s or Home Depot. Sometimes we get lucky and hit a great deal. I have learned through a series of trials and errors that I can indeed fit 20 pots of gerbera daisies in my car, as well as a full size metal wheel barrow. I can also fit a great deal of blinds, ferns, and curtain rods if we stick things in just right and don’t stop too suddenly.

What I didn’t know until today, however, is that a super jumbo all-in-one laser printer will not fit in my trunk or my back seat. It will fit in the front seat, but only if you let it allll the way back and lay the seat alllll the way down. Only then can you even imagine fitting this mammoth box in the car (and if you tilt it and hold your mouth open just right). Here’s my travel companion (don’t worry--I was still in the parking lot when I snapped this):

0811001228

It set my seatbelt sensors off because it weighted more than 50 pounds so I had to listen to “ding, ding, ding” all the way through the drive thru at lunch, all the way to the monogram shop, and all the way back to work.

To top it off, I have been on the phone with HP for the past 1 hour and 42 minutes and 36 seconds exactly. Apparently the printer was created before Windows 7 came out so there were no drivers in the box. Hurumph. If ya’ll buy an HP Color LaserJet all-in-one and have Windows 7, just go straight to the website to download your drivers.

I am happy to report it’s working now, and hopefully I might have saved one of my readers a few minutes of frustration by them learning from my mistakes.

No comments: