Friday, April 29, 2016

Georgia Lou Cook: Nursery and Maternity Photos

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Miss Georgia Lou Cook in less than a week but I am just now getting around to posting about her nursery and our maternity session with Sami.
Mama and Daddy saved the antique canopy crib they used for us and offered it for us to use for Georgia. Justin and I got it sanded, painted, and put upstairs and Mama made her canopy topper and curtain to match.
IMG_5781IMG_6246IMG_6777
Mrs. Desiree made this beautiful colored blanket for Georgia based on the picture of the flowers in the mason jar I found online. She did an amazing job. I wanted to know that all babies don’t just need pastels to be happy. Sami actually bought me the print to hang on the walls in a chunky gorgeous gold frame. Georgia will be here soon and I STILL don’t have stuff hung on the walls!
IMG_5703 IMG_5704
We also got my old Jenny Lind cradle down from the top of Mama and Daddy’s garage. It is going to be perfect to set Georgia in during nap time so I don’t have to take her all the way upstairs.
IMG_5792
Justin spent his Valentine’s Day doing the one thing he really despises: he painted Georgia’s nursery this bright cheery turquoise color. He also surprised me with her monogram cut out on wood and painted for the door.
IMG_5885 IMG_6216
I snagged this rocking chair for her nursery for $20 and gave it a good coat of chalk paint. I love how simple it is.
IMG_5904
We got all of her hand-me-downs and new clothes organized and put into the wardrobe. This little girl will be well-dressed for sure. I am thankful for several friends that helped us get her ready by passing along their stuff.
Wyatt and I went to a big siblings class at the hospital. He was able to learn about how to hold the baby, how to interact with her, and even how to change a diaper even though he said he was, “never, ever, ever, NEVER changing a dirty diaper!” He even told Mama, “Mimi, YOU wanted the girl; YOU change her!”
IMG_6371 IMG_6467 IMG_6504
We traveled up to Musella to get some maternity photos in Dickey Farms’ peach orchards. Suzi did her maternity photos at Lane Southern Orchards when she was pregnant with Pax so this idea isn’t totally original but I find it fitting for a girl named Georgia to have a peach themed maternity session. I look forward to following up with a newborn session of her in piles of fresh Georgia peaches! I am thankful to have many connections in the agriculture industry to call on for locations for our photos and Mrs. Cynde Dickey didn’t disappoint! We had a rare cold snap and were fighting the setting sun that evening so we had to do this session in a hurry. Sami got so many of the best photos that I find it hard to choose my favorites. They are all amazing! Sami also wrote a blog post on her photography blog: http://samimphotography.blogspot.com/2016/04/geogiapeachblossommaternity.html
IMG_6541   eSMP_5816 eSMP_5826 eSMP_5839 eSMP_5847 eSMP_5859 eSMP_5862 eSMP_5908 eSMP_5918 eSMP_5971 eSMP_5980 eSMP_5986 eSMP_5987

No comments: