Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Super Saver

Yesterday I made my first Walgreen’s/CVS savings run. I have been reading other blogs like It’s Hip to Save and Money Saving Mom. They both have really good tutorials to take the best advantage of these stores’ deals. Here is my list of goodies:


One Box of Raisin Bran
One Airwick Freshmatic Mini- Originally $9.99, marked down to $4.99--I had a $4 off coupon so I got this for only $0.99!
Two tubes of Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste
Two Axe Shower Gels
One pack of ponytail holders
Six Degree deodorants for me
One Old Spice deodorant for hubbs
Two boxes of Excedrin Extra Strength Gelcaps
Two Olay Thermal Pedicure Scrubs
One pair of basic black flip flops
-and-
SEVEN(!!!) Glade Fragrance Candles (McIntosh Apple is great! Each candle was originally $5.99, but I had $2 off coupons and Walgreens had a $2 off coupon in their monthly Super Saver catalog, making these only $1.99 each!)

In all, I spent just over $39. The candles alone were $42+tax without the sale, so I came out way ahead. My official savings was $103.08. To boot, I still have $6 in Walgreens Register Rewards to spend on my next purchase. My mama (the original queen of saving!) would be proud of me!

No comments: